Thursday, April 03, 2008


Mother's Day Necklace and Other Ramblings

This is my Mother's Day Necklace... I love it! I made this one for part of a friend's baby shower gift and I am thrilled with the way it turned out.

The sterling silver disks are hand stamped with names, oxidized, and then hand polished. The cluster of beads add color and texture and have meaning! The pearl is for the Lord, the silver beads represent each parent and the peridot represents life (green stone).

I have made several of these and they always sell before I can get them on etsy. I have two store showings coming up and so the ones I have I have to save and can't put on etsy either... :0( So I thought I'd at least post this one here in case anyone wants to order one for Mother's Day for your mother, sister, grandmother, spouse, friend... or for yourself!

I've also sold several with colorful bead clusters that say; "Be Love", "Be Real", "Miracles", "Create", "Believe" and "Faith". So they almost can say anything you want!

Single Silver Disk necklace with two to four bead cluster- $39
additional stamped silver disks are $12 each
Just message or email me and I'll contact you back for the order!

Other Ramblings:

I saw a website last night that has just rubbed me... baffled me... saddened me...
It's run by a woman who is about as raw and brash as they come. She says things that are just inappropriate and she is rewarded by people, mass numbers of people, who read her website, sponsor her, and she pretty much supports her family from the sponsorships and sales from her site.



Now she is talented... in several ways. But what comes out of her mouth is just... well... unnecessary. But isn't this just the thing that feeds our society? This is what had me thinking last night. Here is someone who doesn't need to be this way and really does offend many people... but yet, like rubber neckers... people go back to her site and really support and reward her. Would her site be as popular if she didn't speak the way she does...? Probably not... shock factor gone... 3/4 of what people "enjoy" would be gone. Now don't get me wrong... there are probably as many, if not more, people who enjoy her and think it's cool. Well, that's just another story. Anyway, I won't be going back for more and just needed to speak my peace on how sad it is that we live in a world that feeds off of and rewards such nonsense.

Abby News:

Abby is completing her fifth week of brain balance. It's also been this long since we have eliminated her food allergens. It's been kinda hard to see quantitative results so far. There have been very evident things such as behavior collapses... ughhh. Apparently, with the stimulation of the right side of her brain (social and rational skills) kinda explode and all of the sudden they start buckin the system. Funny enough... we were told this would happen around week three... it did... and would last about two to three weeks and then level off and Praise God... I am seeing some light at the end of this rebellious tunnel! Her behavior the past two days has been remarkably better than it has in about three weeks! Yeah... lets go day three!

In addition, her precious teacher told me today that she is seeing some remarkable improvement in her testing at school! I have been seeing this a little with our workbook pages we do at home, and her ability to process and verbally express more, but to see it coming out on tests too is just VERY exciting!!!! So I am very hopeful and excited to see what the next few weeks bring for her.

She also remains seizure free now for over two months! Praise God and please do continue to pray that He keeps this hand of blessing and healing upon her! She remains a trooper and a fighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!