Saturday, April 05, 2008


I LOVE DOGWOOD BLOOMS


We have these amazing dogwood trees in our front yard and they are just bursting with blooms right now. I think they are some of the most beautiful blooms. They also remind me of my mother. When I was very young, I knew she loved them. So my little feet went tromping into the woods one day and I pulled several limbs from a dogwood tree. I took them home and dug a small hole in the yard... just big enough for the stem to go down into. I then "planted" the "tree" for my mother and went in to get some water to help it grow.


There is a picture, somewhere, of me squatting down watering the "tree" with a tea pitcher. But the thought just makes me smile. How much I loved her then... I love her even so much more today.


So here is a picture of my precious dogwood blooms that make me smile every time I look outside and see them peeking through the windows. I hope they make you smile too. God is such a wonderful artist!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!