Monday, May 11, 2009

Trying to Focus... refocus I should say

"Indeed My hand has laid the foundation of the earth, And My right hand has stretched out the heavens; When I call to them, They stand up together." Isaiah 48:13~

Read that again. Close your eyes and imagine... "they stand up together." Isn't that powerful?

"Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, The creator of the ends of the earth, Neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength." Isaiah 40: 28, 29~

Yes. I do know. Yes. I have heard. Yes. I have lost sight. Yes. I am weary. Yes. I am weak. Yes. I need your strength. I need your power. I need your patience. I need your peace.



It has been a long weekend. Not only did we not close, the sellers and realtor of the house we are wanting/trying/hoping to buy are dragging their feet and won't give us an extension on the contract. Our hardwoods were put in and are absolutely gorgeous. We are wondering/worrying/fearing that the realtor may be considering selling it to someone else since it looks so good now. Just the thought makes my stomach turn.



Amid all the ninety phone calls and emails and pacing... I am finding it very hard to focus on anything else. The fact my house is packed makes it even harder. We are already having to break into them! But I need to focus on who my God is and what He has promised me. I have to try and refocus on what's really important and what is not. This is my prayer today... "Oh Lord, my Father, Creator, and Redeemer, Let me focus on your character, your truth, your knowledge and your sovereignty and let you lead and walk me through this very uncertain time."



Do you like my roses? Fly Boy brought them to me for Mother's Day. They were/are so very beautiful, colorful and shapely. I played with my camera and took about 20 or so pictures of them and Abby asked me, "Why do you keep taking their picture Mommy?" It was pretty funny.

She and Fly Boy also took me to lunch after church and then to the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra! It was a wonderful day and was so nice to be out of this house and to have a mind break. We were greeted with bad news about the house just one hour after getting home at 6 p.m. At least the afternoon was peaceful!

"Every valley shall be exalted and every mountain brought low; The crooked places shall be made straight and the rough places smooth; The glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together..." Isaiah 40: 4, 5~

We continue to wait, pray, and refocus.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:59 AM

    Gorgeous flowers...my dad is good. ;) Love and miss you! -Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!