Wednesday, December 20, 2006


"Charlotte's Web"
My friend Holly and I took our children to see Charlotte's Web today. I have always loved this story and I have to say, the new movie is perfectly wonderful. It is now one of my favorite movies and I am just about ready to buy a pig (George Clooney must be a fan)! Julia Roberts was the voice of Charlotte and had one of the best lines in the movie. Wilbur asked if her if he should worry about his competitor at the fair and she simply answered, "Of course not, what good would that do?" Well said. Of course I cried like a ninny... I have always marvelled at how the spiders protect their egg sacks. When they leave their sacks in my windows, many of them bring a little leaf, that just happens to be curved, and place it perfectly to cover the sac (k?). The saddest thing (that made me cry) is that they die before their babies are born. To have such a protective/maternal instinct and not even see them... tears... ninny!
This is a picture of my personal little Charlotte and I love her! She is actually in there with her "magnus opum" in this picture. Too sweet.

2 comments:

  1. This was one of the first books I ever read. Interesting story. This is my first visit to your blog.

    http://sms100.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've just caught up on your blog. i guess i hadn't checked or awhile because i didn't know about the seizures. i'm glad it seems to be getting better. keep us posted. i love seeing all your pictures and reading your stories. it makes me feel like i'm near family. i miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!