Tuesday, May 13, 2008


Saturday Morning Pancakes and Mother's Day

Our weekend always starts off wonderful with our Saturday morning tradition of Saturday pancakes in bed! Daddy makes pancakes while I steal a few extra zzzz's, Abby watches cartoons and Dusty drops his tennis ball on my head! His pancakes are THE BEST EVER! What is so very cool about them is that not only are they just totally amazing and bursting with flavor and crunch (granola).... they are egg and dairy free! He should totally trademark the recipe!!

So this weekend started with berry covered pancakes and my girl and crazy playful dog in bed with me! I love it! We had planned on trying to go to Stone Mountain but we had rain coming... that we very much needed. So after lunch and late showers... Abby and I headed out for the movie theatre. We saw Nim's Island and it was a great movie. It was very fast paced and I don't think my girl blinked once during the entire thing! We sat there in the theatre with our Twizzlers we snuck in (am not paying $20 for candy), our sodas (I did pay $8 for two SMALL drinks... RIP OFF!!!! next time I'll sneak in juice bottles too... just joking) and our SOAKING WET blue jeans!!!!! It was POURING by the time we got there and we had to run across the parking lot that was flooding and seriously... our jeans were soaked up to our thighs! And we laughed our heads off... it was great.



The sun was shinning on Mother's Day and after church we went to lunch with some friends. Then we were off to the park for about an hour and then we spent the rest of the afternoon on the deck. My two greatest gifts were "leisure time" AND my precious one falling asleep in my lap... as we sat outside and listened to the breeze (it was very windy and made a WONDERFUL sound whipping through our trees). As she layed there, I was overcome with thanksgiving at just how peaceful she was. She had fallen asleep many times in my lap... only to start seizing 10 minutes after falling asleep. I realized that I was not tense... anticipating it... begging God to just let her sleep this once... I was relaxed and enjoying the moment and it was beautiful.... thank you God for that very precious, priceless and intimate gift!

I wanted to send a "shout out" to all my mommy friends and just couldn't get to the computer...actually the storm knocked out our internet on Saturday but anyway... Happy Mother's Day to all my precious friends. I am blessed to have so many friends who are so selfless in the way they mother their children. I am inspired by all of them in a different way and it just enriches my view on one of the most wonderful roles there is in the entire world... MOTHERS ROCK and I love you all!

And I want to send out an very understated "THANK YOU" to my beautiful Mother. As I said in your card, you are the source of strength for me... you give me such love... I am warm just thinking about it. I treasure our relationship so much and am so thankful that you are here with me in this journey of my life... YOU ROCK and I ADORE YOU! Love you crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!